Welcome to my first blog!
Yes, I'm a bit late in 2012, but I've collected some important things I'd like to write down and analyze in more detail.
In the daily IT business, it is often unclear if software should be optimized or better hardware should be ordered. This blog should help you to make this decision easier by looking at the benchmarks of possible software optimizations.
Here is a small agenda of the things I'll write in the next weeks:
- The impact of APC/Optimizer+
- APC vs Memcached (local vs distributed cache, refresh, serialization)
- The power of cache warming
- How to write a really small and fast AJAX controller with PHP
- How to write a really small and fast O/R-mapper with PHP
- How to write a really small and fast CMS
- Why entity–attribute–value is bad for performance
- How to benchmark a PHP framework
- How to find the right PHP framework (or why to write your own)
- How to implement client side session storage
- Iteration vs Recursion